The DEI (diversity, equity, and inclusion) Manager will lead the continued development of College Forward’s strategic plan for DEI growth. You will collaborate with our executive leadership team and DEI Committee to evaluate and report on College Forward’s current DEI plan and strategy, and ensure our program services, models, and curriculum are framed through a DEI lens. You will support both full-time staff members and our AmeriCorps Members in their engagement with our DEI initiatives, as well as in their individual DEI development. You must be eager to build on our current DEI work as a cultural leader, operating with both head and heart.
Areas of Responsibilities
- Planning and implementation of DEI initiatives, collaborating with staff, consultants, and leadership at the site and national level
- Developing and managing relationships and work with DEI consultants, trainers, and other outside professionals and organizations
- Evaluating, monitoring and reporting on College Forward’s DEI efforts
- Developing and sharing relevant DEI progress and resources with all team members, maintaining transparency and accessibility
- Managing and implementing College Forward’s annual DEI survey, presenting results and actionable recommendations to all team members on a yearly basis
- Leading DEI Committee and DEI Subcommittees, liaising and ensuring accountability between the committee and executive leadership team
- Engaging AmeriCorps Members in DEI-related professional development opportunities both internally at College Froward and in the local community, focusing on both equitable coaching techniques and other professional skill sets
- Leading College Forward’s communications on DEI-related matters, including engaging with local stakeholders
- Participating in DEI/cultural humility continuous learning
- Managing relationships with and amongst College Forward team members, establishing trust within the team and creating space for open dialogue on DEI-related issues
- Engaging executive leadership team in their personal and professional DEI growth, promoting inclusive leadership strategies
- Assisting in the development of accessible pathways for internal staff growth
- Providing strategic DEI insight on decision-making across College Forward
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The DEI Manager must also submit to and pass a comprehensive criminal background check before a final offer of employment can be made.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher, preferably in a field related to DEI
- Minimum 3 years experience supporting DEI work as primary or secondary job function
- Previous experience doing work using a DEI lens, including but limited to:n ERGs (managing and running); Leading or co-leading a DEI committee/task force; Staff development (creating and leading training sessions); and Community organizing
- Previous experience working in education, nonprofits, and/or human resources
- Passion for staff development and DEI in education
- Experience designing, developing, and implementing organization-wide initiatives and programming
- Experience building and maintaining relationships across a diverse group of stakeholders
Physical and Emotional Demands
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer to communicate with others and access and present information for several hours at a time
- The DEI Manager may be expected to travel up to 15% of the time
- Must be emotionally mature, and must demonstrate an ability to solve practical problems and deal with frequently changing variables
- The employee must demonstrate strong interpersonal and coaching skills
Notice: Due to COVID-19, all College Forward team members are working remotely through (at least) December, 31, 2021. College Forward will ensure team members receive ample notice before resuming in-person services and team members will know if their role is required to be based in Austin, TX, or if it can be permanently remote.
How to Apply for this Position
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Nov. 5th, 2021.
In your cover letter, please address these questions:
- What does a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace look like to you?
- How do you approach change management through a DEI lens?
College Forward provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and/or applicants for employment or service, without regard to race, color, class, religion/creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, weight, height, disability, political affiliation, marital or familial status, partnership status, citizenship status (except as required by law), veteran status, or status in any group protected by federal law, state law, or local ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations upon request in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act. We encourage and support diversity and tolerance in our workplace. This position is dependent upon funding.